Company Legal Structure, Organization, and Operation
For our business clients, we have extensive experience to help each deal with most all business transactions, including negotiating and drafting all transaction documents and closing the deal. For example:
- Purchase or sale of businesses, including asset transfer or stock acquisitions.
- Employment agreements
- Non-Compete and Trade Secret Agreement
- Consulting Agreements.
- Construction contracts and subcontracts.
- Real estate sale, purchase or lease, and sublease.
- Confidentiality agreements.
- Mechanic's lien filings and release of liens for construction projects.
We want to help our clients achieve the best terms possible for every deal they want to make. We look to find creative, thorough, expressive of the party's intent, and well-written documentation of the deal. We are looking to help resolve problems as they develop during the negotiations of the deal, mindful of the long-term interest of our client and the costs involved, with achieving the client's goal of completing the transaction. We always strive to find creative ways to resolve issues that could otherwise threaten a transaction.
We represent many different business entities, including corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, and non-profit companies. We have years of experience in the following areas of general corporate practice:
- Form and organize profit and non-profit corporations.
- Preparing the Articles of Incorporation, By-laws, organizational tools for the internal governance and to structure the shareholders' role properly, the board of directors and the voting or non-voting of shares to deal with corporate control.
- Documents for succession and transfer of power.
- Limited liability companies organization certificates and operating agreements.
- Limited and general partnerships agreements and related documents.
- Buy-sell agreements among people, the owners, the shareholders, partners, LLC members, and key employees.
- Negotiating and preparing documents relating to mergers, terminations, or acquisitions.
- Regular, annual corporate document filings with the state authorities or revenue departments.
- Qualification of corporations to do business in other states.
- Fiduciary duty advice and counsel as to the duties and liabilities of corporate directors, shareholders, and officers.
We also represent some banks and financial institutions. We assist our clients when they are obtaining financing and have experience in drafting of and providing legal consultation about:
- Business loan agreements.
- Mortgages, deeds of trust, security agreements, and UCC financing statements.
- Subordination agreements.
- Assignments of collateral agreements.
- Loan workout agreements and release of assets by debtors.
- Foreclosure problems
We have years of experience helping our clients who want to start a non-profit company with IRS approval. The 501 c 3 processes are intimating to some. We love to help our clients achieve their charitable, educational, religious, and community-involved ventures.