Banking and Financial Matters
Bush, Motto, Creen, Koury & Halligan law firm have for many years represented several bank or financial institutions.We, also assist our business and personal clients in all matters dealing with their banking and financial concerns. We have experience dealing with the negotiation and drafting of documents and helping our clients structure their business deals. Our service includes:
- Commercial loan agreements, including term-loan agreements and revolving lines of credit agreements.
- Mortgages, deeds of trust, security agreements, and financing statements.
- Subordination and non-disturbance agreements.
- Collateral assignments of leases.
- Loan workout agreements and voluntary turn-over of assets of debtors.
- We have helped our clients deal with tax increment financing for commercial projects.
Representing Creditors in Bankruptcy
For many of our clients this means that we will also vigorously represent our clients as creditors in bankruptcy court, when a client customer or contract debtor filed bankruptcy . We can advise our clients and attend court proceedings on all aspects of bankruptcy, in order to protect our clients. This includes pre-bankruptcy negotiations and before the court to get a return of the collateral that is pledged for loans, or to work on a better, more fair , plan for payment to our client. We can help our clients when their customer or vendor or project is impacted and the following legal processes are involved:
- pre-bankruptcy workout negotiation and restructuring
- Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases
- asset sales and acquisitions from companies in Chapter 7 and 11 proceedings
- prosecuting and defending preference and avoidance actions
We make sure that our clients have access to the bankruptcy, transaction, and litigation resources that our clients will need to deal with the bankruptcy proceedings.