Contact Me: [email protected] (563) 344 4900 ext. 112
Meena Brandt has been practicing law for over 6 years. While in law school, she clerked for the Judges in the Seventh Judicial District. Meena specializes in trial litigation cases in Iowa. She has experience with both civil and criminal trials. She has tried many criminal cases in front of juries, including charges of Operating While Intoxicated and Murder in the First Degree. She has represented clients in both jury and bench trials. Meena knows that litigation and court can be complicated and stressful. She employs a holistic approach when trying cases to better achieve her client's goals.
She represents and defends individuals in multiple areas of the law, including family law, criminal law, administrative law and other areas of the law.
Meena is an active member of the community and acts a mentor for both the St. Ambrose University Mock Trial team and the Central High School Mock Trial team. She volunteers with the Central Blue Devils Softball teams. She is a former member of the Downtown YMCA Advisory Board. In her legal community, she helps organize and present at Continuing Legal Education Seminars.
Professional License and Admitted to practice in these Courts:
- Iowa (since 2016)
- University of Iowa Law School (JD 2015)
- Jurisprudence Award for Academic Excellence in Medical Tutorial (2015)
- Trial Advocacy Director (2014-2015)
- National Trial Advocacy Team Captain and Finalist (2014-2015)
- St. Ambrose University (BA 2011 cum laude)
- Iowa Bar Assoc.
- Scott County Iowa Bar Association (Executive Council member)
- Iowa Association for Justice
- Dillon Inn of Court
- State of Iowa v. Luke Andrews (2019) – Attempted Murder, Assault While Displaying a Dangerous Weapon, Carrying Weapons on School Grounds
- State of Iowa v. Milton Serrano (2021) – Murder in the First Degree
- State of Iowa v. Trevon Lucas (2021) – Sexual Abuse in the Second Degree
- State of Iowa v. Steven Armsted (2019) – Murder in the First Degree (two counts)
- State of Iowa v. Alan Cassias (2018) – Kidnapping in the First Degree, Sexual Abuse in the Second Degree